[License-discuss] REMOVE AAL from list of approved licenses

Josh Berkus josh at berkus.org
Thu Mar 26 21:17:25 UTC 2020

All,

A submitter to License-Review just pointed out that we actually approved
this license back in 2002:

https://opensource.org/licenses/AAL

There is absolutely no question that the AAL would not meet our license
requirements today.  Both the badgeware requirements and the presumption
of single authorship are prohibitive.  Fortunately, the AAL is also not
popular; in fact, I can't even find it in the Github survey stats.

As such, I move that the license be submitted to the board for removal
from the list of approved licenses, possibly by creating a new category
of "suspended and nonreusable licenses".

--
Josh Berkus