[License-discuss] How can we as a community help empower authors outside license agreements?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 18 16:46:21 UTC 2020

Quoting Tobie Langel (tobie at unlockopen.com):

> The math here assumes voters only cast a single vote, which isn't how this
> election works.

No, sorry, I made no such assumption.

> Afaik the 35% number Coraline shared was based on data provided by Josh.

I'm sorry, but to reiterate, Ms. Ehmke's blog post claim (emphasis
added) was that she and you 'did collectively secure 35% of the _votes_
from the membership'.  According to OSI, there were 1,061 _votes_ cast.
This other divisor being waved about (338) is said to be the number of
_voters_.

If I've somehow flubbed long division, please show me where.  I won't
even blame /usr/bin/bc, and instead just surrender my math degree
directly to you.  ;->

What would actually be appreciated is, when someone has time, if that
person would kindly elaborate on which voting algorithm OSI uses for its
Board elections.  (Not urgent; I'm mostly just curious.)

--
Cheers,             "It's funny that pirates were always going around searching
Rick Moen           for treasure, and they never realized that the real