[License-discuss] How can we as a community help empower authors outside license agreements?

Tobie Langel tobie at unlockopen.com
Wed Mar 18 14:27:30 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 14:22 Russell Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:

On 3/18/20 4:51 AM, Henrik Ingo wrote:
> > But why would you sum up Coraline and Tobie?
>
> Because Coraline is trying to bolster Coarline's poor showing in the OSI
> elections by double-counting the 11% of OSI membership who voted for
> both Coraline and Tobie. Coraline thinks that Coraline should get
> special treatment, with a committee to see how the OSD needs to change
> to meet Coraline's desire for Ethical Software. My suggestion is that
> Coraline should produce Ethical Software and see if anybody cares to use
> it. Actions speak louder than words.

That’s an unfortunate example of exactly the kind of unproductive and
confrontational approach I was pleading to see less of from authorities in
this space.

If the goal is to deter the conversation from happening here, it’s quite
effective. If it’s not, please be aware that this is what if feels like to
those that are on the receiving end of this.

—tobie