[License-discuss] How can we as a community help empower authors outside license agreements?

Jasper Horn jasperhorn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:39:18 UTC 2020

ESD Fragment for context:
> The software project’s maintainers may, at their discretion, request
remuneration in the form of code contributions, financial consideration, or
other forms of voluntary support

McCoy Smith:
> “Voluntary” modifies “support” not “remuneration” or “financial
consideration”

Consider the phrase "cola, guabo, mountain dew, or other fizzy drinks".
Now, you do not know what "guabo" is (because I just made it up), but you
do know it must be a fizzy drink. The "other" signifies that the following
classifier is the one that the previous items fall under.

(This is not an opinion about the ESD, but a statement about language.)

Sincerely,

Jasper