[License-discuss] Thoughts on the subject of ethical licenses

Gil Yehuda gyehuda at verizonmedia.com
Thu Mar 12 23:42:03 UTC 2020

Josh you are always welcome to use my public conversations on this list in
your blog, with attribution. I appreciate the nod.

I'm not planning on blogging about this. I was going to record a podcast
today and then after doing a walkthrough of the talking points we decided
against it. My experience suggests that the costs outweigh the benefits
when it comes to matters so charged with "dog whistle" phrases. Even if I
simply pointed to a few examples of published text to illustrate how they
get in the way of what would otherwise be a more productive conversation,
I'd face pushback about doing so -- either in defense of the toxic
statement or in retribution for the assumed attack I was making. This is a
tough conversation to have in the open, I hope your blog is well received
by your readers. I look forward to reading it too.
Thanks again.

Gil Yehuda: I help with external technology engagement