[License-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] Open source license compliance tooling meeting and hackathon on January 31st 2020 pre-FOSDEM fringe event in Bruxelles, Belgium

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Wed Jan 15 23:46:37 UTC 2020

Dear Thorsten:

Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd.de> asked:
> Philippe Ombredanne dixit:
> > See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UphruKKAlsoUEidPCwTF2LCcHFnQkvQCQ9luTXfDupw/edit#heading=h.p2d7mni4lrcu
>
> Why do you use Google services for OSS work?
> https://mako.cc/writing/hill-free_tools.html
> It’s also questionable, GDPR-wise, let alone in OSS spirit,

You can throw me the first rhetorical stone alright if you never ever
used any non-FOSS things for FOSS work, but sometimes convenience,
speed and practicality can beat purity for me.

That said, access to this doc is anonymous and does not require a
login. And I would doubt that visiting a Google site is a GDPR
violation: that would be news to me.

> and not accessible, e.g. to lynx users.

I reckon that's an issue for some users that only have access to
hardware with limited graphical capabilities or have other special
needs and depend on lynx and plain text. And this may mean you: I
apologize for this inconvenience. And I can offer lynx-accessible
plain text browsing right away together with LibreOffice, PDF and
plain text direct links:

- PDF: https://docs.google.com/document/export?format=pdf&id=1UphruKKAlsoUEidPCwTF2LCcHFnQkvQCQ9luTXfDupw&includes_info_params=true

- LO: https://docs.google.com/document/export?format=odt&id=1UphruKKAlsoUEidPCwTF2LCcHFnQkvQCQ9luTXfDupw&includes_info_params=true

- Text: https://docs.google.com/document/export?format=txt&id=1UphruKKAlsoUEidPCwTF2LCcHFnQkvQCQ9luTXfDupw&includes_info_params=true

The plain text layout is far from great after conversion but still
quite readable in lynx.  And you can reach me directly off list if you want to
join: this way you will not have to add your name to the document
yourself since you cannot do so in the plain text version.

> bye,
> //mirabilos, who’s already elsewhere on pre-FOSDEM night

The event is during the day time. So you would be still welcomed to
join during the day and you could still have a fully free and open
night out.

--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne