[License-discuss] [License-review] For approval: The Cryptographic Autonomy License (Beta 4)

Nicholas Matthew Neft Weinstock nweinsto at qti.qualcomm.com
Mon Jan 6 17:45:38 UTC 2020

If OSI pursues this approach, what do you call these licenses that are just starting to be used in the real world but have not yet been reviewed and approved by OSI?  Can they be called Open Source?  If not, it seems like a significant obstacle to getting these licenses into practical use.  How can a project call itself Open Source if its license can't be called Open Source because it is too new for OSI to be willing to review it?

-Nick