[License-discuss] Ethical open source licensing - Persona non Grata Preamble

Antoine Thomas antoine.thomas at prestashop.com
Fri Feb 21 13:32:35 UTC 2020

What if a car manufacturer used free software in their car (eg: for the
entertainment system, very common), and, then, military or terrorist buy
this car, or rent it? they will use free software without even knowing it.
Should the car manufacturer put a disclaimer at the start (eg: "warning,
you don't have the right to drive this car with evil intention"), or select
carefully who can buy their car, or even worse, who can drive it?

[image: PrestaShop]
<https://www.prestashop.com/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=emails-signatures>

Antoine Thomas aka ttoine

Open Source Evangelist