[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Certifying MIT-0

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY CCDC ARL (USA) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Fri Apr 24 15:58:47 UTC 2020

How about the mashup at https://github.com/USArmyResearchLab/ARL-Open-Source-Guidance-and-Instructions/blob/rewrite_for_2.0/LICENSE.txt ?  Would that work in all parts of the EU?

Thanks,
Cem Karan
1 (301) 394-0667
1 (240) 309-5216

From: License-discuss [license-discuss-bounces at lists.opensource.org] on behalf of Thorsten Glaser [tg at mirbsd.de]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 10:38 AM
To: license-discuss at lists.opensource.org
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [License-discuss] Certifying MIT-0

All active links contained in this email were disabled.  Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser.

----

Ryan Birmingham dixit:

>reasons that the unlicense is not.

“Unlicense” is a PD dedication, not a licence, and therefore
not portable to at least a good part of the EU, unusable both
for consumers and creators. I have to treat stuff under the
“Unlicense” as proprietary unlicenced unusable crap.

(Sadly, it’s also still listed on the Copyfree site… perhaps
I have to start my own curated list… ☹)

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt

The opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender and not necessarily those of the Open Source Initiative. Official statements by the Open Source Initiative will be sent from an opensource.org email address.

License-discuss mailing list
License-discuss at lists.opensource.org