[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Discussion: AGPL and Open Source Definition conflict

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Sep 24 19:32:11 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 2:46 PM Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

A useful implementation for C and C++ looks rather involved due to the
> preprocessor.

I was thinking of something much simpler, like putting one of these, or
something like them, in the Makefile immediately after the link step:

elftar r $@ $INCLUDE_FILES $SRC_FILES $ESSENTIAL_FILES

elftar r $@ $(find ../src ../include -name '*.[ch]')

Then at the other end the user runs "elftar x /usr/local/bin/foo', and its
source and include directories are reconstituted for them.

Ambassador Trentino: I've said enough. I'm a man of few words.
Rufus T. Firefly: I'm a man of one word: scram!    --Duck Soup