[License-discuss] Feedback on Open-Source Contribution License

Simon Fridlund simon at fridlund.email
Tue Oct 22 14:07:36 UTC 2019

Hey all,

I'm looking for some feedback on a potential license I've been thinking
about for the last few years. I've done some searching and I haven't found
any open-source license that requires consumers of the software/source to
contribute to any open-source project in some way.

I've started out with a modified version of the ISC license and it is as
follows.

```
Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any
purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies and that
users of this software contribute to any open-source work in some way.

... rest of ISC license ...
```

What do you think about a license like this and is the language in the
changes even close to ok for a license?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Here's a link to the license repo I've setup.
https://github.com/zimme/open-source-contribution-license

Thanks in advance,

Simon Fridlund