[License-discuss] [License-review] Coherent Open Source - Getting underway next Friday

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Oct 18 04:10:14 UTC 2019

I reject that these licenses are specific to different communities at all.
There are perfectly good strategic reasons why a free software person would
use a BSD license, an Open Source person would use a GPL, and all of the
licenses are acceptable to both camps . We are not doing
restricted-availability licenses because I think they're boring and
ultimately useless. We indirectly support dual-licensing if you want to do
that, because it works with the GPL.

Gil, I have spent a lot of my time in bringing the free software and open
source camps together, because they really are the same thing. I
respectfully request that you stop attempting to divide the two
communities, because it is harmful to both.

Thanks

Bruce