[License-discuss] Storing source artifacts in ELF files (was: RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Discussion: AGPL and Open Source Definition conflict)

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Oct 7 19:51:39 UTC 2019

Rather than do this, why not just make an existing archive format
executable? Just sticking #! and the interpreter name at the front should
be sufficient. If you execute it, it extracts and runs a native executable
for your architecture, or one for any interpreter such as the JVM. That can
be the first file. Then the rest of the files are the source.