[License-discuss] Government licenses

Smith, McCoy mccoy.smith at intel.com
Tue May 28 20:26:02 UTC 2019

IIRC, this was the sort of thing that people who were questioning various provisions in NOSA (and other GOSS licenses) were suggesting would be the better solution – use an existing open source license (like Apache); to the extent that there might be uncopyrightable parts in the licensed code base (because, public domain, but also because, inter alia idea/expression, fair use, etc.), the license wouldn’t apply, at least in the places where there was no copyright (like, the US for USG employee work).