[License-discuss] Evolving the License Review process for OSI

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat May 25 20:20:50 UTC 2019

Quoting Russell McOrmond (russellmcormond at gmail.com):

[some well-thought-out observations, ending with:]

> While I have been very active in the Free Software movement since the
> early 1990's, I'm not an active participant in the OSI lists partly
> because this list gives me the impression the shared political values
> that made me want to join are no longer the majority.

If so, I'm unclear why that would be disposative:

I frequently collaborate with people whose views clash with mine, to
achieve outcomes we both wish.  Pragmatically, _why_ they want said
outcomes just doesn't signify.

IMO, this OSI mailing list is a natural place for people supportive of
OSI's real-world objectives.

tl;dr:  Common ground is a thing, even in 2019.

(Just my 50 dansk øre, that I forgot to spend before boarding time.)