[License-discuss] Open Sourcing a SW with the GUI based on proprietary libraries

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Thu May 9 18:12:35 UTC 2019

Hi Paolo,

I am CEO of Open Research Institute, a non-profit which is working on
sharing technology development as Open Source. We recently completed our
501(c)3, which means contributions are tax-exempt in the US.

FPGA synthesis is interesting, as the Open Hardware community is actively
developing an Open Source FPGA toolset. We'd be interested in looking at
your software and potentially soliciting grants (from other funding
sources, not you) to port the work to a web interface. You can do anything
with HTML5 canvas these days, and it's OS-independent in a way that most
GUI toolkits never achieve.

I'd be happy to talk with you offline, and under NDA if necessary.

    Thanks

    Bruce