[License-discuss] For Public Comment: The Cryptographic Autonomy License

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Wed Mar 20 11:39:15 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 7:34 PM John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org> wrote:

> It doesn't happen to be true under the GDPR either. Recital (i.e. official
> opinion) 62 (online at <https://gdpr-info.eu/recitals/no-62/>) says that
> the processor need not provide information that the data subject already
> has.  You already know the contents and metadata of any correspondence
> between you and me (or if you don't, it's certainly not my fault), so
> either of us can log it without being required to provide the log to the
> other one.
>
> As always, IANAL and TINLA.

Sure. So you are not obligated to give me a copy (or meta data) of the
email I sent you. Otoh, if you (qualify as a processor, and) wrote in a log
"2019-03-20: Received email from Henrik. He's such an idiot." Then I am
entitled to a) know that this log exists, and b) get its contents that are
about me.

Anyway, seems like this has become out of scope for this thread now.

henrik
henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-5697354        skype: henrik.ingo            irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://fi.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ingo/3/232/8a7