[License-discuss] [Fedora-legal-list] Re: The license of OpenMotif (Open Group Public License)

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Tue Mar 19 00:14:01 UTC 2019

Both Red Hat and Debian treat the terms of the distribution the same as
what they ask for in the software. When I last checked, Red Hat was using
the GPL Version 2 as a compilation license. Both wanted commercial
derivatives (Red Hat for their own use). So, this sort of restriction was
not allowable. We did think about this when drafting the DFSG, and drew up
OSD #8 and #9 because of it.