[License-discuss] OSL and GPLv3

Antoine Thomas antoine.thomas at prestashop.com
Mon Jun 17 09:56:07 UTC 2019

Hello,

With our IP team, we have a few questions about compatibility between OSLv3
and GPLv3. We consider as acknowledged that it's not possible to distribute
GPLv2 code in an OSLv3 project. However, what about the more recent GPLv3,
considered to be more open?

Of course, it's about using librairies and other dependencies in an open
source project, and then ship it.

So, there are two questions:

1/ Is it possible to ship GPLv3 code within an OSLv3 project installer?

2/ Is it possible to ship OSLv3 code within a GPLv3 project installer?

What do you think? what is your experience? Is there some examples?

Best regards,

Antoine

[image: PrestaShop]
<https://www.prestashop.com/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=emails-signatures>