[License-discuss] Evolving the License Review process for OSI

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Mon Jun 3 16:34:20 UTC 2019

Smith, McCoy dixit:

>problem with "grandfathering" such licenses is that they can be used
>as precedent for new license submitters as to why their non-OSD
>compliant licenses must also be approved.

That’s why we could have a category for them, to make clear that
they are *NOT* precedent.

(Classifying “new works are not Open Source” is a bit problematic,
because what’s new. I’d rather disrecommend it but not disapprove.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Solange man keine schmutzigen Tricks macht, und ich meine *wirklich*
schmutzige Tricks, wie bei einer doppelt verketteten Liste beide