[License-discuss] [License-review] Evolving the License Review process for OSI

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 3 03:20:55 UTC 2019

Quoting Richard Fontana (rfontana at redhat.com):

> Chris Webber actually gave a
> pretty candid explanation for the withdrawal
> (http://lists.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review_lists.opensource.org/2012-February/001565.html),
> but I am not sure what value a summary of that explanation would have
> for people trying to understand how OSI itself makes decisions. I
> suspect OSI would have approved CC0 if, er, someone hadn't
> inconveniently brought up the whole patent issue.

Much thanks for the above reference to Mr. Webber's lucid posting.
Perhaps OSI documentation about the withdrawal including the present one
in the OSI FAQ (https://opensource.org/faq#cc-zero) ought to cross-link to
that exact URL for the full context.

--
Cheers,             A programmer had a problem. He thought to himself, "I know,
Rick Moen           I'll solve it with threads!".  has Now problems. two he