[License-discuss] [License-review] Evolving the License Review process for OSI

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 01:36:38 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 1:52 AM Richard Fontana <rfontana at redhat.com> wrote:
> In more recent times, but well before this change
> to the approval process, "software freedom" rhetoric has been
> especially emphasized publicly by people associated with the OSI, most
> notably Simon Phipps but I think also some past board directors such
> as Allison Randal and Stefano Zacchiroli.

Somehow I forgot to mention Molly de Blanc, the current OSI President,
who even spoke of "software freedom" in her OSI board candidacy
statement.

Of course those who use the term "software freedom" are in part
signalling an affinity for the part of the larger FLOSS movement and
community that is also closely associated with the FSF and their
emphasis on the ethics and ideals behind free software.

Richard