[License-discuss] Evolving the License Review process for OSI

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Sun Jun 2 15:59:44 UTC 2019

Richard Fontana wrote:
> Larry Rosen, of all people, used the term "software freedom" in the
subtitle of his influential early 2000s book on open source licensing, not
long after the period of his own involvement in the OSI and prior to the
founding of SFLC.

Richard, thank you for the reminder. But then Larry Rosen, of all people,
spent all of Chapter 1 defining (and redefining) that "software freedom"
term as "open source principles." I'm not guilty of leaving complex terms
ill-defined.

/Larry