[License-discuss] IP licensing: Specific performance (or damages) vs. Infringement - algorithm for (C++) programmers

Smith, McCoy mccoy.smith at intel.com
Fri Jul 26 16:24:53 UTC 2019

There are two mailing lists:
License Review

Charter: Reviewing submitted licenses for OSD Compliance and Proliferation concerns (as described in the Approval Process<https://opensource.org/approval>), in order to provide community recommendations to the OSI Board.

License Discuss

Charter: Discuss and answer important questions about Open Source licensing, in order to collect community wisdom for the FAQ<https://opensource.org/faq>.
Alexander did post to the latter, which is not limited to currently pending-for-approval licenses.
Whether or not specific performance vs damage is an “important question” in open source, I question, but it would probably be more useful to the list if those issues were tied to a particular open source license or pending case, or at least cases from the current – or preceding – century.