[License-discuss] [License-review] For Approval: The Cryptographic Autonomy License

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Fri Jul 5 21:08:27 UTC 2019

[Drafted weeks ago, but never sent; I think under the circumstances still
worth sending]

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 6:03 AM Pamela Chestek <
pamela.chestek at opensource.org> wrote:

> License Review Committee Recommendation:

My great thanks to Pam, the committee, and the full board for this
excellent summary. I don't agree with all of it but this is a *massive*
step towards a more robust, healthy OSI, and I genuinely applaud everyone
for the work that went into it. The discussions it has started are exactly
the kinds of conversations OSI needs to be having, and can only be had with
this sort of serious, thoughtful underlying work to capture the issues.

Thanks-
Luis

Luis