[License-discuss] Copyright on APIs

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Tue Jul 2 21:42:31 UTC 2019

VanL dixit:

>You just put your finger on the issue: Are APIs creative in a copyrightable
>sense? You assert, without argument, that they are not.

Hmm.

I still think they aren’t creative, but have nothing to back that up.

With them being not under protection from copyright laws as necessary
for interoperability, I did not worry much about that part (also, still
no lawyer here, but maybe others can find something out). With this
exception, my argumentation still stands (I believe).

Google should not have copied ☻

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt