[License-discuss] AFL "attribution notice"

Antoine Thomas antoine.thomas at prestashop.com
Wed Jan 16 15:54:03 UTC 2019

Hello,

At PrestaShop, we are using the OSL for the core of the project, and AFL
for themes and modules.

A lot of derivative works are based on our themes and modules, and we would
like to clarify how developers should tell that their work is based on our
code.

With our lawyer, we studied the license, and saw that people using AFL code
in their projects should add an "attribution notice" in their derivative
work. However, we can't really find an example or best practices about it.

So I though that could be a good question for the mailing list. What is
your experience?

Best regards,

Antoine

[image: PrestaShop]