[License-discuss] Question about LGPL 2.1 and APL 2.0 Compatibility

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Thu Apr 25 19:42:19 UTC 2019

It's definitely relevant between APL and *GPL*, because GPL places
requirements that the terms of the *entire* work do not include
restrictions beyond those in the GPL. LGPL doesn't say that.

And I didn't completely state all of the requirements of LGPL 2.1 on the
non-LGPL piece: *the terms *[must]* permit modification of the work for the
customer's own use and reverse engineering for debugging such
modifications.*