[License-discuss] Can a contributor take back open source code ?

Kevin P. Fleming kevin+osi at km6g.us
Wed Apr 24 10:24:00 UTC 2019

If the contributions were legitimately provided under an OSI-approved (or
similar) license, the license cannot be terminated for convenience. As a
result, anyone who received the code under that license can continue to
exercise all of the rights granted by the license (distribution,
modification, etc.) as long as they wish to do so.

Of course the contributor can request that the project remove their
contributions, and the project can choose to do so, but there is no path
which would force the project to do so.