[License-discuss] International licenses redux

Matija Šuklje matija at suklje.name
Fri Dec 7 08:06:11 UTC 2018

Dne petek, 07. december 2018 ob 06:22:41 CET je Richard Fontana
napisal(a):
> I suggest we continue to think of the International category as
> encompassing licenses "targeting specific languages and
> jurisdictions", to use Mike's phrasing from 2015, rather than
> the typical approach we see in open source licensing of having
> a single English-language text that is largely perceived by the
> community, correctly or not, as being jurisdiction-neutral in
> design or orientation.

Just for clarification, is this more about language or
jurisdiction (or both)?

Say, for example that there is a fictive FOSS license that would
be written in English, yet have Malta as its jurisdiction …or,
even more confusingly, be written in English and have the UK (or
US) as its jurisdiction?

cheers,
Matija
--