[License-discuss] Open source license with obligation to display an attribution

Johnny A. Solbu johnny at solbu.net
Tue Dec 4 17:42:57 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 04 December 2018 11:34, Simon.Cox at csiro.au wrote:
> I don't think the intention is counter to the spirit of the OSD. But is there a better approach?

I think it was the XMB forum that many years ago used to have a comment in the code where the footer copyright info is displayed on the bottom of the forum site, which stated that removing the copyright info (I.e. if I on my installation removed it from the forum pages on my site) is not in violation of the license, but if you removed it they would refuse to give you support.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
web site,   http://www.solbu.net