[License-discuss] Open source license with obligation to display an attribution?

Chris Lamb chris.lamb at opensource.org
Tue Dec 4 16:02:30 UTC 2018

Simon,

> What I have in mind is for software that is used to drive a web-site,
> where we just want to request that a logo with the words "Powered by
> ACME technology" is displayed on the website.

To me, this smells somewhat like an "Xy problem" where one is asking
about attempted solution rather than your actual problem.

What might be more helpful to you and the rest of the community is to
learn what you are trying to prevent / ensure by such a request.

Best wishes,

--
Chris Lamb
Open Source Initiative