[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] code.mil update

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Wed Mar 8 20:08:59 UTC 2017

I agree; my only concern with it was that the law might be slightly different with regards to the USG-furnished code as it is public domain within the US, but may have copyright outside of it.  Just so everyone is on a level playing field I'd prefer it if the USG works that don't have copyright were released under CC0, but that is my personal preference.

That said, it might be a question to put on the Federal Register, and get some comments.  I mean, would it be beneficial if the USG had a consistent policy on this (public domain or CC0 for works that don't have copyright)?

Thanks,
Cem Karan