[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] code.mil update

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Wed Mar 8 14:32:52 UTC 2017

You might want to re-read what they posted; the license applies only to those
portions of the code that have copyright attached, otherwise it's public
domain.  The trick is that while US Government (USG) works are ineligible for
copyright within the US, they may be eligible for copyright outside the US,
and in those areas the USG works are licensed under the OSI-approved license.
I'm not sure what it would mean for code that was moved across jurisdictions,
but I do understand and appreciate the intent of their approach.

Thanks,
Cem Karan