[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] patent rights and the OSD

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Wed Mar 8 14:11:24 UTC 2017

Just to be clear, if you're talking about the US Army Research Laboratory
(ARL) policy
(https://github.com/USArmyResearchLab/ARL-Open-Source-Guidance-and-Instructions),
that policy only applies to personnel at the US Army Research Laboratory.
Other agencies are free to adopt and adapt that policy; I'm encouraging anyone
I run in to do so, but other agencies in theory could adopt very different
policies.  Caveat emptor (or whatever the equivalent is in this case).

Thanks,
Cem Karan