[License-discuss] Moderator Advice

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed Jun 21 18:10:48 UTC 2017

Johnny Solbu wrote:
> I moderate many mailman lists (using listadmin), and my experience is that the happens because some people uses «Reply to all» when responding.

I did a "reply-all" in this thread on purpose, because I had reason to believe that at least some of the people CC'd and interested in the thread were not subscribed to license-discuss at .

I dislike mailman defaults. Why are you moderating my emails at all? Or John Cowan's? Or Henrik Ingo's?

I also moderate an opensource.org mailing list. What a drag to discard or ignore spam every day! But we try to set our list defaults so that we don't have to moderate each other even if we intentionally CC third parties. There is nothing secret or frightening on our public list.

/Larry