[License-discuss] New maintainer, changing license?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Jul 29 15:40:37 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd.de> wrote:

> Note that this only applies in the USA, not, for example,
> in Germany, where such a thing is impossible.

Well, yes and no.  It is impossible to transfer the moral rights, but since
2008 the right of exploitation of all uses known and unknown can be
transferred exclusively, which amounts to the same thing.

Awk!" sed Grep. "A fscking python is perloining my Ruby; let me bash
    him with a Cshell!  Vi didn't I mount it on a troff?" --Francis Turner