[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: OSI equivalent

Christopher Sean Morrison brlcad at mac.com
Wed Feb 15 19:17:07 UTC 2017

> I was afraid of that... and so is our Legal department :(.  We want to issue good general guidance to everyone in our workforce, but at the moment that appears to be 'go talk with Legal'.
>
> As for the image by Dr. Wheeler, it doesn't seem to have come through; can you try resending it?

It was the blue diagram from here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License_compatibility#Compatibility_of_FOSS_licenses

That Wikipedia page in general (and the sources it cites) is probably your best overall resource.

As for receiving the image, DoD Outlook is configured to block images, attachments, and formatting by default for “Non-DoD Source” mail.  You have to right-click a notification at the top of the message to display blocked content:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Block-or-unblock-automatic-picture-downloads-in-email-messages-15e08854-6808-49b1-9a0a-50b81f2d617a

Cheers!
Sean