[License-discuss] notes on a systematic approach to "popular" licenses

Richard Fontana fontana at sharpeleven.org
Thu Apr 6 15:50:30 UTC 2017

Interesting but at first glance the data seems too unreliable to be of
any use. I started checking the identified projects under the so-called
Clear BSD license (the FSF-free, never-OSI-submitted BSD variant that
explicitly excludes patent licenses) and the ones I looked at were all
spurious matches.

Richard

Links:

  1. https://www.blackducksoftware.com/top-open-source-licenses