[License-discuss] AFL/OSL/NOSL 3.0

John Sullivan johns at fsf.org
Wed Jan 20 20:16:43 UTC 2016

"Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen at rosenlaw.com> writes:

> Open Source friends,
>
> I discovered in the past few days on other lists that there are
> several misleading descriptions of my AFL/OSL/NOSL 3.0 licenses on FSF
> and OSI websites. Neither site bothered to publish my own description
> of these licenses, and their own characterizations are incorrect.
>
> Please see this: http://rosenlaw.com/OSL3.0-explained.htm.
>
> I would appreciate it if FSF and OSI would copy this document to their own websites instead of inventing their own.

I happen to be on this list and to have seen this, but in the interest
of efficiency for any follow-up discussion that might need to happen
about the FSF list, would appreciate if you'd send the concrete
suggestion (what to remove and what to add) to licensing at fsf.org.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://my.fsf.org/join>.