[License-discuss] Views on React licensing?

Eli Greenbaum EliG at arnon.co.il
Sun Dec 4 20:39:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-02 6:26, Richard Fontana wrote

> does the breadth of the React patent termination criteria raise
> OSD-conformance issues or otherwise indicate that React should not
> be considered open source?

I argued here that the scope of the patent termination provision is inconsistent with the non-discrimination ideals of open source:

http://www.cardozolawreview.com/content/37-4/GREENBAUM.37.4.pdf   (page 1335)

More interestingly, I wondered here what the patent termination provisions would practically accomplish. I think these issues are also important to consider when assessing the propriety of the patent termination provision:

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1637&context=iplj  (page 43)

-Eli