[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: U.S. Army Research Laboratory Open Source License (ARL OSL) 0.4.0

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Thu Aug 18 17:59:05 UTC 2016

Actually, this was one of the first things we looked into; not ASF directly,
but by having a contractor take ownership, and then assign copyright back to
the USG, or even release it on behalf of the USG.  Unfortunately, it doesn't
work legally as there is no copyright for the contractor (or anyone else) to
take over, so nothing to launder.

Thanks,
Cem Karan