[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: U.S. Army Research Laboratory Open Source License (ARL OSL) 0.4.0

Scott K Peterson speterso at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 20:34:54 UTC 2016

> 2) Liability is only one part of the puzzle; as I mentioned in an earlier
> email, there are IP issues that need to be solved (e.g.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambus#Lawsuits). That makes CC0 unattractive.

Rambus and free software?

What about the Rambus patent litigation informs the software license choice issues being discussed in this thread?

I'm sorry. I clearly have not been paying enough attention to this thread. I have been engaged in issues at the intersection of patents and standards since before patent enforcement by Rambus attracted the attention of the FTC. "Rambus". Now you have my attention.

-- Scott