[License-discuss] [CAVO] SF - LAFCO open source voting draft

Robin Miller robin at roblimo.com
Wed May 27 16:27:32 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Patrick Masson <masson at opensource.org>
wrote:

>  I would also add that OSI approval creates trust. OSI approval assures
> those who may not have the legal understanding or resources that the
> software they are reviewing affords all of the opportunities of the OSD.

Listen! Listen! (Hear, hear, even.)

When a marketing or PR person tells me their company wrote their own open
source license I ask, "Is it OSI-approved?"

Often it is not. Or... err... their software is "based on open source."

The OSI still has lots of pull, at least in my world.

Thanks for keeping on !

--
Robin 'Roblimo' Miller
Bradenton, Florida, USA