[License-discuss] Undistributable binaries and network services

ChanMaxthon xcvista at me.com
Fri Mar 13 00:07:40 UTC 2015

Sometimes licenses conflict, producing a non-distributable mess of licenses for a piece of code. Using my such code internally is not that much of a problem but what if I used such piece of code in a web application?

My project involves transcoding video files on the cloud, hard dubbing the subtitles and emitting multiple formats. The service used a version of libav that is linked in a non-distributable fashion. Will that cause me any trouble?

Sent from my iPhone