[License-discuss] Fwd: Question regarding GNU Terms of use

Kevin Fleming kevin+osi at kpfleming.us
Thu Jun 18 13:42:22 UTC 2015

In that situation, the person who produced the new work will *not* be able
to restrict copy, use, sale, etc. of the new work, since it is a derived
work of the GPL- and/or MIT-licensed original works. The combined work's
license will necessarily need to be compatible with (if not identical to)
the licenses on the works that were used to produce it.

If by 'commercialize' you mean 'offer for sale', yes, the person could
certainly offer the combined work for sale.