[License-discuss] PHP License v3.01 comments

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 6 18:42:01 UTC 2015

Quoting cowan at ccil.org (cowan at ccil.org):

> I think the objection is that by copying the PHP license into a
> codebase that isn't PHP, one is forced to utter a falsehood by
> the terms of the license, one of which is "This is PHP".  But
> I don't see any reason to think that when you are forced to copy
> a license verbatim, you are necessarily standing behind any and all
> statements in that license.

Quite so.  It is in the grand tradition of debian-legal to bring up such
objectiosn, even if the defects being discussed are mere blemishes and
non-fatal to the legal intent.  I actually appreciate them doing so, as
they have a point even if it is not of dire importance.

--
Cheers,                                     A Spanish todo list has everything.
Rick Moen                                       -- Matt Watson (@biorhythmist)
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ! (4x80)