[License-discuss] Shortest copyleft licence

Ben Cotton bcotton at funnelfiasco.com
Wed Apr 1 12:32:11 UTC 2015

On Apr 1, 2015 4:04 AM, "Tim Makarios" <tjm1983 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM, Tim Makarios <tjm1983 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Really?  Then do the BSD and ISC licences also violate the OSD and FSD,
> because they don't require the source code of derivative works to be
> made available?

But they do make the source code of the original work available, which
makes them open source but not copyleft. I may have misunderstood what you
were saying about your proposal.

In either case, not providing the source in derivative works would still
make it non-copyleft.

> So is CC-BY-SA also non-copyleft?

No, the ShareAlike aspect of CC-BY-SA makes it copyleft.