[License-discuss] Illumina Open Source License

Albert Vilella avilella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:26:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been trying to wrap my head around the following license, and
discussed the contents of it with colleagues. There seems to be two
markedly opposed opinions around the license. This is, people that
think it's OSI-compliant, and people that think it's nothing close to
being OSI-compliant:

http://github.com/sequencing/isaac_aligner/blob/master/General_Illumina_Open_Source_License_Template_1_Final.pdf?raw=true

Although I don't have anything against the license itself, I am
personally curious to see how it does when reviewed in this mailing
list. Specifically, I would like to see if there are any impediments
for software under this license to be packaged for Debian.

Thanks in advance,

Albert.

Disclaimer: these thoughts and opinions are my own, and not that of my employer.