[License-discuss] compliance resources

Reincke, Karsten k.reincke at telekom.de
Tue Mar 4 12:30:53 UTC 2014

First of all:

Many, many, thanks to Luis for initiating such "OSI" approved compliance pages! For companies and their managers it is very important to quickly get reliable answers which do not evoke "fundamental" costs. They get worry about complexitity and costs. Ever. So with respect to the issue to use open source software compliantly. Hence, it is very good that now also the OSI offers their statements! That enables the employees to convince their managers to use this software in a better way. The OSI is a very important legitimising voice for establishing tools and processes inside of a company.

And then specificly:

Luis, I just updated the links of the OSCLiC and the OSCAd. For be able to insert stable links into the OSI wiki page, we now offer symlinks to the most current version of the OSLiC. So, it should no longer necessary to update the wiki page whenever we offer a new OSLiC release.

Perhaps, we can simplify the use of this OSI page by adding little descriptions of the whitepapers and documents. Moreover, perhaps we could ask the authors to generate little abstracts. For the OSLiC and the OSCAd I inserted such little describing addons. Please, take them as proposal and feel free to improve them.

By doing this, I also added a very small paragraph which should hint to the practical challenges to use OS comapliantly and which should encourage companies not to ignore them. Again, take it as proposal and feel free to find better solutions.

Again:many thanks and best regards
Your Karsten

---
Deutsche Telekom AG / Products & Innovation
Karsten Reincke, PMP(r), Senior Expert Open Source Review Board - T&P/A&S/TM
[display complete signatur: http://opensource.telekom.net/kreincke/kr-dtag-sign-de.txt ]